Saulo was 16 when he drove the getaway car for a robbery that ended in murder. Now 32, Saulo says, “I remember sitting in the county jail...
- Daily Devotional - November 30, 2012 "Generational Investment"11/30/2012 - Standing quietly in the back, I am moved by the sight. Arms reach upward, voices carry throughout the room, and a tireless energy reverberates to the sound of the drum.
- Daily Devotional - November 29, 2012 "Eutychus’ Example"11/28/2012 - I must admit I was having a hard time staying awake. The guest speaker had been monotonously droning on for 45 minutes.
- Daily Devotional - Featuring Sanctus Real - November 28 2012 "Promises"11/27/2012 - As I go further and further down the road of life I find less and less hope in the world around me. I sometimes wonder if it's just that I'm older, not as easily excited and maybe slightly more cynical than I was as say a sixteen year old young man.
- Daily Devotional - November 27, 2012 "Life...With God"11/27/2012 - Every month, more than 500,000 people Google “meaning of life.” Why am I here? They find answers ranging from “Life has no meaning” to “The meaning of life is whatever you make it.”
- Daily Devotional - November 26, 2012 "Oblivious"11/26/2012 - Dante Autullo had no idea that a 3.5-inch nail was embedded in his brain. He was totally oblivious.
- Daily Devotional - November 25, 2012 "Ghost Car"11/25/2012 - In 1939, General Motors created a “ghost car”—a transparent vehicle with a body made of Plexiglas. The see-through outer shell of the Pontiac Deluxe Six revealed a custom chrome-plated dashboard, a spare tire lodged in the trunk, and even the door-locking mechanisms.
- Daily Devotional - November 24, 2012 "History’s Steady Tune"11/23/2012 - George Jellinek, former host of The Vocal Sceneradio program, says “the history of a people is found in its songs.”
- Daily Devotional - November 23, 2012 "The Glory of Jesus"11/22/2012 - Wedding receptions. I’m not opposed to attending them. But, honestly, if I can avoid going to one, you’ll get no complaints from me.
- Daily Devotional - November 22, 2012 "Queen for a Day"11/21/2012 - Following a meeting at Mildmay Uganda—a specialized center that provides holistic outpatient care for HIV and AIDS patients—I was summoned by Mildmay’s public relations director.
- Daily Devotional - November 21, 2012 "More"11/20/2012 - Tom Brady has model-like good looks, is married to supermodel Gisele Bundchen, and has led his football team to three championships.
- Daily Devotional - November 20, 2012 "When Walls Fall"11/19/2012 - Every Monday evening at 8:30 p.m., the walls of my house begin to vibrate. Far from any earthquake tremors, my house instead responds to the sound of my husband and the young men in his small group as they begin their time of worship in song.
- Daily Devotional - November 19, 2012 "Was I There?"11/18/2012 - I’ve never experienced what it means to be opposed or persecuted for my religious beliefs.
- Daily Devotional - November 18, 2012 "Lousy Comforters"11/17/2012 - I’m often tongue-tied when I attend a funeral or visit someone in the hospital. As soon as I open my mouth, it concerns me that I’m sounding like one of Job’s friends.
- Daily Devotional - November 17, 2012 "Laws of Love"11/16/2012 - Driving to work one day, I had a revelation. I realized that speed limits had been set to protect me and those around me, not to hamper my freedom or prove that I was a lawbreaker.
- Daily Devotional - November 16, 2012 "Slow Boil"11/16/2012 - It’s ironic that superstar chef Gordon Ramsay doesn’t take long to reach full boil. If he deems someone isn’t taking his sage advice on how to use sage or cilantro, he goes ballistic.
- Daily Devotional - November 15, 2012 "Voice and Verse"11/15/2012 - Occasionally, my mother’s voice invades my day— from inside my head. I can still hear her say, “Try not to borrow trouble from tomorrow,” and even “Remember to take a jacket.”
No playlists found for this account.